Education Growth Partners is a private equity firm dedicated to small buyouts and providing growth capital to proven, high potential education companies that offer compelling solutions to unmet needs in education. The extensive operating experience and investment expertise of Education Growth Partners’ team ensures its companies receive an infusion of highly strategic capital and insight that can accelerate their reach, scale and impact to create long-term value.
Our highly experienced team is composed of investors who all have prior operating expertise, a passion for education and understand the power of great companies to create opportunities for individuals, organizations and systems. This, coupled with our rich history of investment in education, has brought us unmatched depth and understanding of the challenges and opportunities of the sector.
Our expertise provides us an expansive view of the education ecosystem: early childhood to K-12, higher education, corporate training, and lifelong learning. We are interested in and comfortable with a wide range of business models that include, but are not limited to:
- Education institutions and organizations
- Educational services companies
- Technology-based solutions and services
- Publishers and content providers
- Others where learning and behavioral change concepts have direct relevance
Institutions & Organizations
Schools and online education programs that deliver transformative results
- Private schools
- Childcare centers
- Colleges and Universities
- Online vocationally-targeted programs
- Training providers
- Professional certifications
Publishing, Curriculum, and Learning Content
High quality learning materials with proven student improvement
- Supplemental K-12 classroom products
- Learning differences programs
- Tech-based intervention solutions
- Online courseware
- Assessment services
- Online courses
- Certification and licensure prep
Educational Technology and Software Services
Technology products and services that improve educational delivery, reduce costs, or use data to drive decision making
- Instructional and content management systems
- SaaS and cloud computing solutions
- Learning management systems
- Enrollment/Retention solutions
- Authoring systems
- Workforce performance management systems
Services that improve an institution’s education process or results
- Teacher professional development
- Tutoring/test prep services
- Online program management
- Marketing and lead generation
- Leadership training
EGP’s partners invest to maximize impact and returns while minimizing risk. We look for companies that offer their customers a superior value proposition with measurable outcomes. The companies must be profitable and are typically high growth with $5 – $20 million in revenue.
Education Growth Partners will only invest in firms whose solutions meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The solution improves educational outcomes
- The solution improves the prospects of employability
- The solution enables educational institutions to run more efficiently, allowing improved allocation of educational resources
Education Growth Partners is comfortable with minority/non-control investments as well as control/buy out transactions. We look for situations where our expertise can help a company to grow and drive best practices while maintaining or improving the quality of its offerings.
All of the EGP team has significant operating and investing experience. We partner closely with our portfolio companies’ management teams to help them systematize, professionalize, and scale.
We are patient investors and know that it takes time to build a high quality, high growth, financially successful education company.
Target Financial Profile: A proven revenue model (typically a minimum of $5 million in revenue) and profitable (or would be if not investing in growth).
Transaction Type: Growth Capital, Minority Recapitalizations, Majority Recapitalizations, and Growth Buyouts
Size of Investment: $5 million to $30 million.
EGP will commit up to $30 million to individual portfolio companies. Ed Growth has the ability to complete significantly larger transactions by using our network of investment partners. Additionally, we will consider smaller transactions for platform investment opportunities.
Ownership: Control positions or non-control investments with governance rights, including board representation
Geography: North America and Europe